All members receive a subscription to Oak Leaves, the quarterly newsletter of the ELS Historical Society.
Members also may become involved in a variety of Society activities:
- attend the informative annual programs of the Historical Society
- help their church maintain valuable historical records
- learn to preserve old documents and artifacts
- conduct research on the history of the ELS, its congregations, and its pastors
- receive periodic bulletins with articles of news and interest
- meet other people with a lively interest in history
- attend the annual business meeting of the Society
- donate items of historical interest to the Synod Archives or Ottesen Museum
- contribute articles to Oak Leaves
To become a member or renew an existing membership with the ELS Historical Society:
- Print this form (click the printer icon in the upper right part of this screen), fill in the appropriate blanks, and then mail it together with your membership dues to: ELS Historical Society, 6 Browns Court, Mankato, MN 56001.
- Click here and print the PDF version of this form.
Membership Type (check one):
Voting Membership is available to any communicant member of an ELS congregation; or, any communicant member of a congregation in fellowship with the ELS.
- ___ Individual or Married Couple ($15/year)
- ___ Lifetime ($300)
Associate (non-voting) Membership is available to any other individual or organization interested in the work and purpose of the ELS Historical Society.
- ___ Individual or Organization ($25/year)
(Make checks payable to "ELS Historical Society.")