In cooperation with the Ottesen Museum, the ELS Historical Society sponsors a variety of educational programs.
Throughout the year, the museum offers:
- Life in a Log Cabin (Norwegian or "Yankee")
- Teaching Synod History in the Parish
- Preserving and Protecting Parish History
- From Norwegian Upper Class to Prairie Parsonage: The Lives of Elisabeth Koren and Linka Preus
In conjunction with the annual synod convention each June, the Society also offers special programs, such as:
- The Latch String Always Hangs Out: Music and Story Telling from a Pioneer Log Cabin (featuring live performances of Norwegian and American folk music and stories about life during the pioneer period)
These educational events are child-friendly and available free of charge. For more information, contact the Ottesen Museum.