All members receive a subscription to Oak Leaves, the quarterly newsletter of the ELS Historical Society.
Members also may become involved in a variety of Society activities:
- attend the informative annual programs of the Historical Society
- help their church maintain valuable historical records
- learn to preserve old documents and artifacts
- conduct research on the history of the ELS, its congregations, and its pastors
- receive periodic bulletins with articles of news and interest
- meet other people with a lively interest in history
- attend the annual business meeting of the Society
- donate items of historical interest to the Synod Archives or Ottesen Museum
- contribute articles to Oak Leaves
To become a member or renew an existing membership with the ELS Historical Society, print this form (click the printer icon in the upper right part of this screen), fill in the appropriate blanks, and then mail it together with your membership dues to: ELS Historical Society, 6 Browns Court, Mankato, MN 56001.
Membership Type (check one):
Voting Membership is available to any communicant member of an ELS congregation; or, any communicant member of a congregation in fellowship with the ELS.
- ___ Individual ($10/year)
- ___ Husband & Wife ($15/year)
- ___ Lifetime ($200)
Associate (non-voting) Membership is available to any other individual or organization interested in the work and purpose of the ELS Historical Society.
- ___ Student ($5/year)
- ___ Individual ($15/year)
- ___ Institutional ($25/year)