Telling the Next Generation:
The Evangelical Lutheran Synod’s Vision for Christian Education, 1918–2011 and Beyond
Edited by Ryan C. MacPherson, Paul G. Madson, and Peter M. Anthony, with assistance from Bethany Lutheran College student interns
Mankato, MN: Lutheran Synod Book Company, 2011
A 2012 recipient of the Award of Commendation from Concordia Historical Society!
This anthology reproduces classic statements concerning Christian education by pastors and laypersons of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. Suitable for both personal reading and pastoral reference, this historical sourcebook of Christ-centered education includes forty-five documents spanning nearly a century. Dozens of photographs and other illustrations supplement the text. Carefully researched introductions recapture the contexts in which church leaders have addressed critical issues concerning Christian education, including:
- Education in the Christian Home
- Christian Elementary Schools and High Schools
- Christian Colleges and Seminaries
- A Christian Liberal Arts Education
- Government Aid for Christian Education
- Academic Freedom and Christian Integrity
“We will tell the next generation the praiseworthy deeds of the LORD.” Psalm 78:4
- Order directly by sending a check for $23.95 per copy payable to ELS Historical Society, 6 Browns Court, Mankato, MN 56001. Shipping, handling, and (when applicable) sales tax will be paid by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod Historical Society.